The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

06 September 2012

Kraft-y Hearts' September Blog Share Part 2


Celebrating Close To My Heart's September Stamp Of The Month



Hello All! Welcome to Day 2 of the Kraft-y Heart's Blog Share. If you haven't been there already, don't forget to stop by From My Bungalow to see what beautiful things Lynn Darda has dreamed up to inspire us!

Today's project here at Violets & Sunshine is a little home decor piece I came up with for the fall.

I found a couple of these frames at Ikea for $1.99, and couldn't resist a little altering. I used Avonlea paper for the background and to cover the mat (that came with the frame) to add a little dimension. I stamped the scarecrow, pumpkins, bird and fence in Chocolate exclusive ink on Colonial White cardstock. I colored everything with my trusty watercolor pencils and cut out all the images. (Love that cutting knife!)

Here are a couple of  close-ups of the coloring detail:



"the patch" is stamped directly onto the background in Chocolate ink.


The "welcome" flags are cut from Kraft cardstock and inked around the edges with Chocolate exclusive ink and Autumn Terracotta pigment ink from the Enchantment set. The letters are from the Lots of Dots alphabet, which has been retired from the CTMH Irrisitibles collection. However, you could easily substitute the new Irrisitibles Houndstooth Alphabet. I used Autumn Terracotta, Olive, and Twilight pigment inks to colorize the letters. Autumn Terracotta and Olive are part of the Enchantment set and Twilight is part of the Whimsy set. I then attached the flags to the back of the frame.

 The bow is made with Burlap ribbon. I cut 8 roughly 4-inch strips, folded them over and stapled (yep, with a regular old desk stapler) them to a square of paper. Using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge, I cut 3 leaves at 1-inch and 3 flowers at 3 1/2-inches, 3-inches, and 2-inches.  I used Avonlea paper for all of them. I then attached them to the Burlap ribbon with glue.


I cut the tags are cut by hand at 2 x 3 1/2-inches from Kraft cardstock. I stamped the fall motif in Olive and Autumn Terracotta pigment inks, and then inked the edges and stamped the sentiments with Chocolate (ink, that is). The sentiments are from the Treasure Life set, which has been retired.


Here it is one more time:

Hope you enjoyed it! Remember the Stamp Of The Month can be purchased for the full retail price of $17.95 OR for just $5 with a $50 order. If you haven't been there yet, don't for get to stop by Lynn's Bungalow and see what she's been up to in her craft room.



3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, this project is delightful! Love the rows of pumpkins and all the beautiful coloring. Never would have paired Avonlea with the scarecrow but I love that! You burlap bow and flowers top it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I not to sure about this set but seeing it like this I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I want this! Love how you brought all of this together then topped it off with that lovely bow and the the tags. You are rockin' that SOTM!

    ReplyDelete