The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

27 September 2012

Playin' Along with The Paper Players

So life is finally getting into a little more of a routine, which allows me to participate in some of my favorite challenges. One of those is a blog by The Paper Players.

Here is this week's sketch:


Here's my take on it:


This sketch is great for washi tape fans (of which I am one), but I wanted to use my CTMH supplies. No washi. So what to do?? Get out the "It's Your Day" stamp set, of course! (Remember kids: this DOUBLE stamp set is only available for 3 MORE DAYS!!!) So I used It's Your Day and stamped my washi-like banners in Goldrush, Smokey Plum and Olive Exclusive Inks on Colonial white cardstock. I think they came out fantastic!

The owl, greeting and spiderweb are all from the Spellbound Workshop On The Go stamp set. This workshop is SO much fun! I'll post the goodie I make from it soon. The owl was stamped in Smokey Plum and the greeting is in Autumn Terracotta. The spiderwebs are in Whisper pigment ink. Awesome on black!

Here are some close-ups of the outside:




I almost never do much to the interior of my cards (mainly because I like space to write), but I couldn't help myself on this one!

The spider and webs are stamped in Black Exclusive Ink. I drew a little thread for my spider with an art pen. The sentiment (except for "BOO") is from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set (Yep, it's a go-to set for me), and is stamped in Smokey Plum. "BOO"is stamped in black over a scrap of the Goldrush washi-like banner using the Vintage Type stamp set and popped up with some foam tape.


Here is a close-up of the interior:



This was such a fun card to make! Hope you enjoyed it!




5 comments:

  1. Oh so cute....inside AND out! Love it! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job creating your own washi tape! Fabulous card. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This is so cute! Love the pop of the patterned paper on black and the border of webs is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love how you used those patterned stamps! Aren't they versatile? Love the webs inside and out.

    ReplyDelete