The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

11 October 2012

Kraft-y Hearts October Blog Share (Day 2)


Celebrating the October Stamp Of The Month by Close To My Heart


Hi Folks! Welcome to Day 2 of our Kraft-y Hearts' Blog Share. Aren't Lynn's Avonlea cards AMAZING?! (If you didn't see them yesterday, make sure you stop by and check them out today!)

So today I wanted to share another little gift possibility with you. (Okay, all 3 of my days are going to be about gifts. What can I say, it's my language!)



This little box houses five 3x3 gift enclosure cards with matching envelopes. For a tutorial on how to make the box, you can visit Splitcoaststampers here. I made my box using Cranberry cardstock and papers from the Pear & Partridge paper pack. The top is made from acetate and is edged with Pear & Partridge paper and Cranberry gros grain ribbon. The Treat shape is cut using the Artiste Cartridge at 1 3/4 inches from Colonial White cardstock and is stamped in Cranberry Exclusive ink. I cut a little banner (also from Colonial White cardstock) at 1/2x2-inches and stamped A Very Merry Christmas in Olive Exclusive ink. Both elements of the tag are popped up using foam tape.

Now for the cards! 



This time of the year you can never really have too many gift enclosures on hand. These cards are 3x3, and are cut from Colonial White cardstock. (Cut a 6x3-inch strip and fold it in half. You can get 8 cards from one sheet of 12x12 cardstock!) The Cranberry cardstock layer is cut at 2 3/4-inches square and the Pear & Partridge layer is cut at 2 1/2-inches square. I used the same motif for the front of the card as I used on the front of the box, and popped it up with foam tape over the Cranberry gros grain ribbon. All of the layers except the base are inked around the edges with Cocoa pigment ink from the Basics Mini Pigment ink pads set.  

Here's a close-up of the card:


And here is the card with its matching envelope.


If you don't want to take the time to make a matching envelope, Close To My Heart sells 10-packs of 3x3 envelopes in White Daisy, Colonial White and Kraft. If you do want to make them, you can do so from a 5-inch square sheet of paper. Turn the paper so that it is a diamond and score at 1 7/8-inches on all four sides. (At least that's what I do with the Martha Stewart Score Board. It might be a little different with other scoring systems.)

So I hope you enjoyed Day 2 of our share. Don't forget to stop by the Bungalow for more creative inspiration! See you tomorrow for Day 3 of the Kraft-y Hearts' October Blog Share!

Oh, and if you would like to purchase your own October Stamp of The Month: A Very Merry Christmas, or any other awesome Close To My Heart products, please come by and see me here.



6 comments:

  1. Another great project! The Artiste cartridge has envelope cuts, and it also has several unique boxes that are suitable for mini cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely gift idea, I love it! Your mini's are so sweet with the patterned paper envelopes. I just don't know if I could part with my pretty papers like that, lol. I really like how you covered the "treat" sentiment in the snowflake with that banner sentiment. So scraplifting that idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so creative. I just love this idea. What a great present to give someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Kim! Thanks for the envelope tip too.

    ReplyDelete