The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

30 November 2012

A Little Card Inspiration...

Okay, so I was planning to post weekly reviews of the cards I created for the Memory Works 30 Cards, 30 Days challenge, but then life intervened. What is it John Lenon is supposed to have said? "Life happens while you're making other plans." And so it goes.

I thought I'd share a couple of my favorites today, since it's the last day of the challenge. If you want to see all 30, feel free to visit me at The Feast.

So here's a little sampling:


The Colonial White tag was cut from the Artiste Cartridge and stamped in Cranberry Exclusive ink with the October Stamp Of The Month set. I added a little Cranberry and Colonial White grosgrain ribbon to each tag.


This card was made using the November Stamp Of The Month set. Using Cranberry Exclusive ink, I used a 2nd generation stamping (stamping on a separate piece of paper before stamping the project) for "december." I then stamped "25" at full strength. I added a bit of Cranberry grosgrain ribbon for fun.


This card utilizes the October Stamp Of The Month set again. I cut the mittens using the Artiste Cartridge. I cut four mittens and did a first generation stamp on two and a second generation on two using Cranberry Exclusive ink. I then cut the tops of the first generation and popped them up on the second. It's a nice little contrast using just one color. (Love that!)


For this card I cut the embellishments from Colonial White cardstock using the Artiste cartridge. The bottom layer is stamped in Cranberry Exclusive ink using a stamp from the October Stamp Of the Month set. The Olive layer was stamped with one of the Artiste collection sets, and "J," "O," and "Y" are stamped in Cranberry using the Vintage Type set. The first two layers are popped up with dimensional adhesive and the letter are then popped up on those.



For this card, I used stamps from the Pear & Partridge Card Kit. The ornaments are stamped in Cranberry, Bamboo, and Olive Exclusive inks. The sentiment is also stamped in Olive. I drew the strings and added a tiny gem. the little banner was made with Silver Shimmer Trim.

Hope you enjoyed the peek. Don't forget that tomorrow kicks off the first day of the Kraft-y Hearts' 12 Days of Christmas Blog Share. 

See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment