The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

23 November 2012

Rose Blossom Christmas Blog Hop 2012


Welcome to the Rose Blossom Christmas Blog Hop! If you just hopped in from Lynn Darda's Bungalow, you're on the right track. If you want to start from the beginning (and there are prizes if you do), there's a list of participating blogs at the end of this post.


Now on with the show!


The display is made from an unfinished frame I purchased at my local craft store for $1. (These are great little things to have on hand!) I covered it in the barn red houndstooth paper from the Dakota paper pack. For the insert, I covered a piece of metal flashing (cut to fit) with weathered wood paper--the back side of the houndstooth. (The whole project was made from one sheet of Dakota paper and scraps of other papers.) I then stamped around the edges of the frame in Olive Exclusive ink using the August Stamp Of The Month. The insert is stamped in Olive and Barn Red Exclusive inks using the Trinity and Token alphabet stamps and the October Stamp Of The Month. The numbers are from the November Stamp Of The Month, stamped in Olive on Avonlea off-white cardstock. (If you don't have the Avonlea cardstock, I recommend it highly. However, you could probably substitute Whisper though it's a bit darker.) "Merry Christmas" is cut at 3 inches using the Artiste Cricut cartridge. I cut one in Avonlea off-white and one from a scrap of Pear & Partridge paper. I then layered them slightly off center for an extra pop. The star dotting the "i" on "Christmas" is a center from one of the snowflakes at the top, which are cut at 2 inches from Avonlea off-white card stock using Artiste. The mittens are cut at 2 inches using Artist  and Pear & Partridge Paper. I flipped the cut to get both a right and left mitten. I used Avonlea off-white scraps for the cuffs and stamped them in Barn Red Exclusive ink using a stamp from the Flirty Workshop On The Go set. I added a little Almond Glitz Glitter Gel for some extra sparkle, and voilĂ !

Here are some close-ups:





I also covered a little box to hold the extra numbers in. The edge of the lid is covered with the zip-strip from the Pear & Partridge paper.

Don't forget to leave a comment and follow to qualify for the grand prize, as well as for a prize from Violets & Sunshine. What prize you ask? A brand new Baroque Borders Stamps Set (the August Stamp Of The Month) and a Slate Exclusive (dye) ink ink pad! 

Now hop on over to be inspired the show-stoppingly talented (that's why she's last!) ;) Brenda Rose (the eponymous leader of the Rose Blossoms)!

If you want to start back at the beginning, here's the list:

Kim Hill: Violets & Sunshine (You're Here!)

26 comments:

  1. Kim this is just beautiful!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever project! Thanks for posting so many wonderful photos to show off the wonderful details! Have a wonderful holiday season!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very, very pretty - and so creative!! I have to admit that I did have to look up the word "eponymous" to see what I am - LOL!! I am so glad that you shared in the hop today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! going to go make one right now. Thanks for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I have a frame like that...off to create one...so love yours...it's so warm and inviting to the eye. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea! Love how you used that Dakota paper. So many wonderful details and tips. Never thought about "flipping" an image. I also just love the little box that stores the numbers. Not only are you inspiring, you are helping us learn a new word (eponymous). I am teasing you a bit, but I do love the way you write. This is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea and it is so beautiful! I love the little matching box to keep the numbers in! I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    Stacey
    http://staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aside from this being a super-creative-holly-jolly-fun piece , I totally love your choice of papers! Thanks for sharing your craftiness with everyone today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say that your project is my favorite! Love, Love, Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! your frame is beautiful! And functional. I like that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....what a great idea. It is wonderful for kids to do their countdown. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful frame and a wonderful way to replace an advent calendar for older children in a family! Love the use of Dakota paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely frame!! I like this idea so much and the matching box for your numbers is great too. Thanks for the fun inspiring project. hopping along...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I really like this idea. What a fun way to count down to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Mittens!!!And the uses of the gold paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your picture frame!!! Just signed up as your newest follower. Would love to have you visit/follow me at http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, This is the cutest idea ever. What fun! This is something everyone will want to use as an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love this!! I've been wanting to create something like this. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have an artists eye, that's for sure. Love both pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a creative idea. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great counter!!I love the fun details and pretty colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea, Kim. A small footprint advent calendar! Already has me thinking about this technique for some everyday virtual calendars to give as Christmas gifts! I'm so enjoying this blog hop and will be coming back often to see what you've all been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea to make a magnetic countdown to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a clever idea for the countdown and I LOVE the little box. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete