The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

05 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy NEW YEAR All!

One of the things that I like to do each year is start a fresh, clean journal. It's like the year: brand new and full of possibilities. So I thought I'd share the journal I made to start out 2013.


When I say "made," what I really mean this time is "covered." (Perhaps "personalized" is a more accurate term.) Anyway, this journal started out as a simple little composition book from the office supply store. I covered it using the Pemberley Collection by Close To My Heart. (By the way, it will be retiring at the end of the month, so stock up now!) I used papers from the paper pack to cover the front and back covers both inside and out. I left the outside back cover fairly plain. 

I take my journal with me everywhere, so all bling and embellishment has to be on good and tight. To make sure that is the case, I use my Liquid Glass. I also used a  Blue Ice Sharpie on the Clear Sparkles and Silver Shimmer Trim to color them to match. "Life is Good..." and "true story" are from CTMH's It's Your Life stamp set [retired] stamped in Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink.

Here are some close-ups of the cover: 



I added a pocket and detail to the inside front and back covers. The stickers and journaling boxes are from the Pemberley My Stickease assortment.
Take a look:



Hope you enjoyed my journal. I'll post the other one as soon as I get it done. 

Happy New Year! May this be a fabulous, fun-filled and creative year for you and yours!




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this, it is so cheerful! The inside details are just as cute as the outside. You've inspired me to alter some notebooks for my desk. TFS

    ReplyDelete