The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

24 January 2013

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share Day 1: My Rosy Little Valentine


Celebrating Close To My Heart's January Stamp Of The Month:
Happy Valentine's Day



Hi Friends! Welcome to Day 1 of our Kraft-y Hearts blog share. If you haven't visited her yet, you will definitely want to hop over and see what the super-talented Lynn has whipped up at From My Bungalow.

My first project is a Valentine's Day card using the triple-layer stamping technique. (You can find tutorials on this simple technique all over the blogosphere. I think it's a great technique when you're looking for something that will give you lots of bang for your buck!)



The card base and cardstock layers were made with Hollyhock cardstock. The stamped layers are White Daisy cardstock. I actually combined a couple techniques here. In addition to triple-layer stamping, I used generational stamping to achieve a multi hue look. All of the roses, however, are stamped in Hollyhock Exclusive Ink. The lighter roses are second generation stamps (that is, the second impression made with the stamp before re-inking it). The sentiment is stamped in Ruby Exclusive Ink on White Daisy cardstock and layered on Hollyhock. I popped it up using dimensional adhesive, rounded the corners with a scalloped corner rounder and added some Hollyhock sparkles from the Red, Pink and Purple Sparkles assortment. A little Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon adds an extra flourish.

Here's a close-up:


I hope you enjoyed my rosy little valentine. Don't forget, the January Stamp Of The Month: Happy Valentine's Day can be purchased for just $5.00 with a qualifying purchase of $50 or more. Or, if you'd rather purchase it alone, it can be yours for just $17.95. (A great deal either way!)

Don't forget to visit Lynn Darda at From My Bungalow to be inspired by her kraft-y goodness! 

See you tomorrow!




4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Good use of this fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's such a nice technique and your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you various hues of color stamping you used! It really adds depth & beauty to your card Kim. The rose is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked these cards.

    ReplyDelete