The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

22 March 2013

A Tisket A Tasket A Kraft-y Little Mother's Day Basket



Hello All! Welcome to day 2 of our Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share featuring Floral Happiness, Close To My Heart's March Stamp Of The Month. If you haven't yet made it to Lynn's Bungalow, don't forget to hop over and see the beauty she has to share!

I know it's a bit on the early side for Mother's Day, and I started out making an Easter basket, but you know what they say about the best laid plans...

Without further ado, here's today's little bit of inspiration:

So let's start with the basket:


I love using the rose shadow stamps to make my own background paper. For this basket, I used the medium rose and stamped it in Sweet Leaf Exclusive Ink on Sweet Leaf Cardstock. (Tone on tone is one of my favorite techniques to use with these stamps.) The basket is made from a 6-inch square piece of cardstock that was scored at 2 inches and 4 inches. (Here's an old tutorial on it.) I punched out a scalloped circle in Crème Brulee Cardstock (you could use your Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for this too). I layered that with a 1 1/4-inch circle in Sweet Leaf Cardstock. "Mother's Day" is stamped in Gypsy Exclusive Ink using the Tag the Occasion [ret.] Stamp Set. The back ground was made using the 2nd generation stamping technique. I used a 1-inch circle punch to punch it out and popped it up with dimensional adhesive. The whole flower is popped up with dimensional adhesive so that it covers the brad that is holding the handle to the basket. I did an identical flower for the other side. A little bow made from Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon adds some extra flare.

 Here's a close-up of the basket tag:

And now for the card. Here it is closed:

The base of the card is made from Crème Brulee Cardstock and is cut to 3 x 6 inches. I scored it at 1 1/2 inches and 3 inches to form an easel. The front layer is also from Crème Brulee Cardstock to which I added scalloped borders of Sweet Leaf. I stamped the Amethyst [ret.] Cardstock layer with Smokey Plum Exclusive Ink. I liked the tonal effect. I used Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon to tie the layers together (visually, not literally, of course). I made a tag like the ones I used on the basket and tied it to the ribbon with a little crochet thread from my stash. Finally, I added bitty pearls for extra elegance.

Here it is opened:


I scalloped the base of the card and added bitty pearls to the scallops to mimic the front. I used a couple of punches to create the stopper (you could use the Artiste Cricut Cartridge for this) and popped it up with dimensional adhesive. "I love you" is also from the Tag the Occasion [ret.] Stamp Set. I added some bitty pearls to tie it together.

Here are a couple of close-ups of the card:



 And the set, again:

I hope you're inspired to create your own backgrounds now and then. It's a lot of fun to experiment with the different looks--tone on tone, different hues, etc. Remember, Floral Happiness can be yours for $5 with any qualifying order of $50 or more, or you can purchase it on its own for $17.95. It is available through 31 March. 

Now if you haven't done so, hop over to see what the wonderfully talented Lynn Darda has been Kraft-ing at From My Bungalow.

See you tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. Kim, these are gorgeous! I am loving your tone on tone background designs, especially the Sweet Leaf. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty with great technique! I have been wanting to make the Easter basket on the Artiste cartridge, so I think I might try this. Thanks for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creations! I love the pop of gypsy!

    ReplyDelete