The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

19 October 2013

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share Day 3: Merry & Bright



Hi All! Welcome to Day 3 of the Kraft-y Hearts' October Blog Share. Can you believe it's the last day already?! (Me either!)

Today's project is a little home decor piece I put together for you:


The base of this piece is one of the 6x6 canvas display frames by Close To My Heart. I covered the face of the canvas with paper from the Sparkle & Shine collection. (Love that silver hounds tooth.) The Merry and Bright sentiment is from the Sparkle & Shine Workshop On The Go stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in Ruby ink on White Daisy cardstock cut at 2 1/2 inches using the coordinating shape on the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. For the Candy Stripe and Ruby layers, I increased the cutting sizes by 1/4 inch for each layer. The little flags under the sentiment are stamped in White Daisy ink on Ruby, Juniper, and Slate cardstocks. The sentiments are from the October Stamp of the Month: Scandinavian Wishes. The large embellishment in the corner is made from gross grain ribbon from my stash and embellishments from the Sparkle & Shine assortment pack. The two long flags ("Celebrate the Season" and "Winter Wonderland") are cut from one of the Sparkle & Shine zip strips.  Finally, I added small Sparkle Flourishes and red rhinestones to give it a little extra sparkle and shine. To finish the edges of the canvas, I painted them silver and added a little ribbon that matches the front.

Here are some close-ups:





I hope this little canvas brightens your day! Thanks for joining us for this month's Kraft-y Hearts Blog share. Be sure to stop by From My Bungalow and see what beautiful inspiration the amazingly talented Lynn Darda has for you!

Enjoy the weekend!




1 comment:

  1. This is bright and beautiful! Love that bow and the way you added all the banner flags to the medallion. I also like how you stamped the little banners, cool idea.

    ReplyDelete