The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

17 April 2014

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share: Hello Spring!


Hi Gang! It's day two of the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share celebrating spring! Spring is absolutely the loveliest time to be in Washington, DC. The trees and flowers are blooming and the temperatures are warm, but not the sweltering heat that is our summer. It is hands down my favorite season here.

Today's project is my little tribute to the DC spring:


I picked up this unfinished little tray at my local craft store a while back and thought it would be perfect for a home decor piece. I really like the way it turned out. To begin with, I painted the tray white with basic acrylic paint. After letting it dry, I added a coat of Close To My Heart's Create-a-Shade pearl paint to add just a bit of shimmer. Next, I covered the inside bottom of the tray with paper from the Ariana Paper Pack. I added a coat of Mod Podge to seal it. Then I cut out "Hello" and "Spring" using the Artiste Cricut cartridge. I cut the words from Outdoor Denim cardstock and Ariana Paper. (This might be my favorite pattern from that pack. If you look closely at the stripes they look like Oxford cloth.) I layered the two to give the sentiment a shadow so it would pop against the patterned paper. I adhered the words to the tray with Mod Podge. Next, I cut flowers and leaves from Ariana Paper using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge. I inked around the edges of the leaves with Saddle Exclusive ink and then used Liquid Glass to adhere them and the flowers to the tray (dry adhesives do not stick to Mod Podge very well.) I then added some Sparkle flourishes and pearls for a little bling.

Here are a couple of close ups:



So spring-y! And the Cricut cartridges really did make the project a breeze. Remember, this month you can get your choice of Cricut Collections when you become a Consultant with Close To My Heart.


If you would like to join my team or purchase any of the Close To My Heart products used in this project, come on by and see me here.

Now, hop on over and see what the always fabulous Lynn Darda has in store for you at her Bungalow.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! This is gorgeous! That blue is stunning and really pops! What a lovely display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece! Just beautiful, Kim! Love that bright spring like paper. And the rolled flowers are the most gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim...another beautiful home decor piece! I saw this on our blog share day but I looked in the morning with intentions of coming back to comment. Scrolling through today to revisit. Just gorgeous, as always.

    ReplyDelete