The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

17 June 2014

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share Day 2:


Hi All! Welcome to Day 2 of the Kraft-y Heart's June Blog Share. Today features another creation for "him" that was inspired in part by this lovely card that Lynn created last Friday. And wasn't that a FABULOUS Father's Day Card yesterday?! Lynn's an amazing artist!

So on to today's project. Over the weekend, we had several parties to attend (lots of people born in June). As always, I wanted to make the cards (or in this case, the gift card holders) a little extra special. Using this tutorial, here's what I came up with:


For this fun card, I used the last scraps of my Later Sk8r paper and assortment pack. (The paper pack is retired, but you can still get the awesome patterns in the Later Sk8r Picture My Life kit, which has some fantastic journaling cards in it that are perfect for using on greeting cards and scrapbook pages if you're not into the segmented scrapbooking scene.) Anyway, I created the patterned paper for the base of the card using Slate cardstock and stamps from the Later Sk8r Workshop On The Go stamp set (which is retired). I randomly stamped the images in Outdoor Denim Exclusive ink using 1st and 2nd generation impressions. You can see it a little better in this image:


For the belly-band, I used a 1 1/4 x 11-inch strip of patterned paper and added layers of White Daisy, Slate, and Pear cardstocks along with patterned paper as the focal piece. I stamped "Let's Celebrate!" from the June Stamp Of The Month (Kaboom) in Outdoor Denim and Lagoon Exclusive inks. I then fussy-cut the banner from the Lagoon image and adhered it to the card over the Outdoor Denim image. I stamped "YOU" using the July Stamp Of The Month in Outdoor Denim ink on White Daisy cardstock. I then layered it onto Pear and Lagoon cardstocks, popping each layer up with dimensional adhesive. The gears and star is from the Later Sk8r assortment pack.

Here are a few close-ups:




Now, let's take a look at the inside:


The inside is covered in Later Sk8r patterned paper and White Daisy cardstock. The "You're the Bomb" sentiment is from the June Stamp Of The Month and is stamped in Lagoon Exclusive ink on White Daisy cardstock. "Happy Birthday" is from one of the stamp sets in the Artiste Cricut Collection (the banner coordinates with the cartridge), and is stamped in Outdoor Denim

Here's a close up of the sentiment:


And here is the card and it's belly-band once again:


We also had a Bat Mitzvah this weekend, so I made a girl version of this card using Gypsy cardstock and (retired) Sarita paper and stamps from a retired Workshop On The Go card kit.  I also changed the orientation of the card to vertical.  Here's a little collage of that one:


I hope you enjoyed the gift card project for today, and the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share for June. Don't forget to stop by From My Bungalow and see what the lovely Lynn Darda has for your inspiration today.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome gift card holders. I love how you are showing the his/her versions. I will have to check out that tutorial. You worked your magic once again!

    ReplyDelete