The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

14 August 2014

Better late than never....

So today's card is late in a couple of ways. First, I made it for my nephew whose birthday was at the end of July. It's mid-August.... so yeah, it's late. I also got the design inspiration from last week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. Ummm...yeah...it's now too late to link up. Still, I enjoyed making it, so thought I'd post it. And after all...better late than never, right?

The card base is White Daisy cardstock cut at 5 x 10 inches and scored at 5 inches. (FYI: square cards need extra postage.) The three colored cardstocks are from the May National Scrapbooking Month special paper pack: Free To Be. All three have very subtle geometric resist patterns on them. The sentiment is stamped on White Daisy cardstock in Lagoon and Chocolate Exclusive Inks. For the boarder I used a retired back ground stamp and stamped it in multiple directions. The other sentiments are from the Reel Life stamp set and some other retired stamps that I have in my stash.

Here are some close-ups:

For the envelope, I cut a 5x7-inch envelope down to 5x5 size and added a flap in matching patterned paper so that the card would have a nice square envelope to match. (This is when I found out that square cards require more postage...) Here's the card with its envelope:

And here is one more look:

Hope you enjoyed my belated little card. I'm sure my nephew will like it and that all will be forgiven when he pulls out the plastic gift card that's inside....

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Fun, fresh, and trendy...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fresh and hip.....
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah...you'll be forgiven! What an adorable card, Kim! I love the layers and LOVE how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete