The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

17 September 2015

Hey, Thanks!

Hi All! It's time for another Thankful Thursday project. The sun is shining. The kids are happily involved in school. The dog is snoring. I have LOTS to be thankful for. So let's take a look at my card, which is celebrating another reason to be thankful: my friends!


This fun-fold card is FULL of techniques. I'll just go through a couple with you here, and do a how-to video on the whole shebang in the up-coming weeks.

The base of the card is made with Colonial White cardstock and layered with patterned paper from the Sangria collection. The fun-fold part of the card is made from Eggplant cardstock layered with Colonial White cardstock and Sangria paper. I decided to make my own back ground on the paper using the September Stamp Of The Month, Paper Garden. To do so, I stamped a variety of images on each of the Sangria layers in Pomegranate and Eggplant inks. For the front, I stamped the large flower in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. The sentiment is stamped in Black Archival ink and is from the Hello, Life!-cardmaking stamp set.

Here are some close-ups of the stamping and sentiments:





And here is another look at the card with the gorgeous Sangria paper behind it:


Hope you enjoyed this little thank you. Have a wonderful, thankful, creative day!


2 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing. Sangria and this stamp set are a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, this is so cool, Kim! Such a fancy looking card base, it's a gift all on it's own! Love the rich deep colors you used, too, and your stamping. The floral prints right on the patterned paper are so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete