The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

22 April 2016

Friday Focus: I'm Sailing Away.....


Hi All! Welcome to the Kraft-y Hearts' Friday Focus. Today, we're focusing on Close To My Heart's Regatta Collection. This nautical-themed collection is perfect to showcase your summer trips to the shore or just to create fun cards and home decor.

Today I thought I would showcase a new program at Close To My Heart called Workshop Your Way. This program combines elements of a specific collection, like Regatta, along with fun embellishments, giving paper crafters, scrapbookers, and cardmakers all the components you need to create beautiful designs. What's more, if you need to kickstart your creativity, you can download a handy PDF that will give you cutting guides and stamp set suggestions to make layouts and cards to your heart's content. (The biggest difference between a Workshop Your Way and a Workshop On The Go is that the choice of stamp set is left up to you!)

So let's take a look at what you can make with the Regatta Workshop Your Way. First, the scrapbooking layouts. For these layouts, I followed the PDF guide almost to the letter. One of the best things about the WYW, in my opinion, is that there is no stamping required on the layouts. I know that sounds a little crazy coming from an avid ink and stamp girl, but I really do like the fact that you get beautiful layouts even if you don't have any inks or stamps at all.

This layout came together so easily. The title on the left page is from on of the cut-apart sheets included in each WYW collection. I have enough cards from the sheets left over that I can easily make a couple of pocket page layouts to go with these 12x12s. Love that!
This is my favorite layout of them all! I love the grouping of elements over the title on the left and the journaling card with the sticker title on the right. The font used for "Nothing Better" is fantastic!
Okay, somehow I left the zip strip off the right page and didn't notice it until I was photographing the layouts! I didn't want to try to fix it before taking the photos because I'm not sure if the adhesive on the ribbon will tear the cardstock. So here you go, a peek into my crafty imperfections!

Now on to the cards! The PDF shows the cards made with the new My Anchor stamp set along with the matching Thin Cuts dies. So I thought I'd show you not only how those look, but also how you could use any stamp set you have on hand to complete the cards. (This IS after all, a Workshop YOUR Way!) The card on the left in each of the photos is done per PDF instructions. The card on the right is my own creation using design elements from the PDF instructions but different stamp sets. So let's take a look:

The sentiment on the right is from Floral Banners stamp set. I added some left over zip strips and a few Maritime Puffies to change up the card slightly.
Here, the sentiment on the left is from the A Thousand Thanks stamp set. I left off the waves edge and added a zip strip and some ribbon (part of your WYW) to change it up a little. The waves on the left are actually supposed to be the same width as the paper on the right, but I liked it narrower, so I did it my way!
For this card, the sentiment on the right is from the Stamps of Approval set, which works with CTMH's Artistry Cricut cartridge. I decided to change this card up by added a few more embellishments than the original design called for. The cluster at the bottom is made from Regatta complements and Maritime Puffies (both of which come in the WYW).
The card on the right is my favorite! The cake and sentiment are from the Build-a-Cake stamp set. Fun fact: the pattern patterned paper strips are zip strips! I love that you can use every square inch of CTMH paper!

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed this look at the Regatta collection and the Workshop Your Way program. Remember, Regatta sails away April 30, 2016. So grab it before it's gone! And for more inspiration, hop over and see what the über-talented Lynn Darda has for you at From My Bungalow!

Have a creative, fun-filled weekend!





2 comments:

  1. I really like these kits too and the simplicity of putting together well-balanced layouts with plenty of room for photos. And oh how I LOVE your card designs. Great details, especially like the little banners under the nautical puffy! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW, look at all those adorable projects! These kits look and sound amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete