The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

13 May 2016

Happy Times Friday!


Hi All! Welcome to another installment of Friday Focus. Today we're looking at the Happy Times paper pack by Close To My Heart. This is a limited edition paper pack that has been released to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month, and is free with every $60 purchase. 

I decided to showcase some of the papers by making a few cards. (Shocker, I know...) I paired the papers up with the new Beyond Awesome stamp set. (LOVE. this. set.) So lets take a look:


All of the card bases are Neenah 110 pound white cardstock cut to 7 x 5 inches and scored at 3 1/2 inches to make a top-folding 4 bar note card. The above example shows two of the beautiful foiled papers in the Happy Times pack. (The diagonal striped paper is the zip strip from the large gold striped paper, which I am featuring on another project on Sunday.) I used VersaMark ink to stamp my sentiment on vellum and then heat embossed it in white. I hid a little dimensional adhesive behind the "awesome" banner to give it some lift. The gold foil brings all the bling this card needs.


Love the floral and polkadots on this card. I broke up the layers with a little White Daisy cardstock. The plaid strip is cut from the zip strip at the top of the page. I stamped the sentiment in Sorbet and Canary inks on White Daisy cardstock. I then fussy cut the arrow sentiment and popped it up with dimensional adhesive.


These next two cards feature the front and back of one of the floral sheets along with the zip strip from the same sheet. I used Canary and Juniper inks on White Daisy cardstock for the sentiments and changed them up a little for each card.

(I think this is my favorite sentiment in the whole set. It reminds me of so many of my friends!)

Finally, this card is showcasing one of the 2 ombre sheets in the collection. The ombre begins with a sorbet color and ends in magenta. It's absolutely gorgeous! The back side is the mint green stripe you see in the layers. I stamped the sentiment in Sorbet ink on White Daisy cardstock and added some giant clear sparkles I had in my stash.

Here's a look at the cards together:


Hope you enjoyed this look at Happy Times. Be sure to hop on over and see what inspiring things Lynn has for you at From My Bungalow. And don't forget to stop back by on Sunday for the Rose Blossom Blog Hop. There are a lot more Happy Times to come!

Have a wonderfully creative weekend!






2 comments:

  1. What an awesome card set, Kim! That paper is so bright and happy. Really love the elegance of the gold foil prints with your white embossed vellum sentiment. And I love how you used the zip strips on your designs. Talk about getting great use out of your paper supplies!
    Thank you so much, too, for your purchase at AudOnes Prims! You are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE what you did with that stamp set. When I saw that set in the new SE, I instantly thought of you and knew it would be perfect for you. I just got mine and thanks to your ideas I will have a head start on creating some cards with it. Thanks for the inspiration friend!

    ReplyDelete