The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

29 June 2016

A Cute Little Card Box for (Beautiful) YOU! (Part 2: the cards)

Hi All! Welcome to the second part of my card box project. Today we're going to take a look at the cards.

     

I started with a layer of Juniper cardstock cut at 4 x 5 1/4 inches. I then added a layer of Georgie paper that I had folded "drapery" style. I covered the top edge of the folds with a zip strip from the patterned paper and then finished it off with White & Gold Ribbon. I stamped the sentiments on White Daisy cardstock in Whisper ink. I cut them out using an oval punch and popped them up with foam tape on a scalloped oval punched from Georgie paper  I then popped that up with some thin foam tape  Finally I added the whole thing to a white card base using fun foam for dimension. Because of all the layers and dimension, I was able to fit 4 cards and envelopes in the box comfortably. (I probably could have squeezed in a fifth card and envelope, but I didn't want to run the risk of tearing the cards when I took them out.)

So here's a look at the box and cards together:

 

Hope you enjoyed this cute little project!

Have a fabulously creative day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment