The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

03 July 2016

It's a Scrappy Little Clipboard....

Hi All! Just popping in to show another project I made with my Georgie scraps. I'll be showing off the project from whence said scraps came later this week. But for now let's take a look at fabulous way to use up the stash:


So Tim Holtz recently released these mini clipboards that are perfect for altering. At first blush, they look like your basic clipboard that's been scaled down a bit. However, the BEST thing about them is that the clip is easily removable, making covering them an absolute breeze! Woot Woot!!

For this one, I used my last full sheet of Close To My Heart Georgie paper to cover the front and the back of the board. I used Distress Collage Medium in the matte finish to adhere the paper. I then used leftover strips of different papers and some silver foil tape to create a striped pattern on the board. For the Smile sentiment, I cut down a leftover Georgie Picture My Life card and matted it with another scrap. "You are Adorable" is actually cut from a Georgie zip strip (that 1/2-inch wide strip of paper at the top of Close To My Heart paper that has a different pattern from the rest of the sheet). All the layers are adhered with Distress Collage Medium. Finally, I added one more coat of medium to the front and back of the board to protect the paper before I reattached the hardware.

Here's a close-up of the embellishment:


And here's another look at the project:


I'm lovin' these little clipboards, so you'll probably be seeing them pop up around here a fair amount. They're a great way to use up your scraps and make fun little gifts and home decor pieces at the same time!

Thanks, again, for stopping by. Don't forget to pop back in on Tuesday to see the album that was the source of all my leftovers. In the meantime, have a fantastically creative day!









4 comments:

  1. This is SO cute, Kim! I love your color combo, and love these new little mini Tim clipboards! What an absolutely fantastic way to use up some scraps. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love this idea and will be looking for those clipboards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love this idea and will be looking for those clipboards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a fun project. You do the most amazing 3D/altered projects. :)

    ReplyDelete