The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

08 August 2016

Big Wish, Bitty Stamp...

Hi All! Just stopping in with a masculine birthday card that I recently made.


I've really been into the 4-bar card size lately. It's slightly smaller than the regular A2 card, but big enough to go through the post. So for this card, I cut the base (3 1/2 x 5 inches) from white Neenah Exact Index cardstock. I then used images from the So Many Smiles stamp set by Close to My Heart to create a fun background with a slightly retro feel. The images are stamped in Crystal Blue, Cranberry, Cashmere and Whisper inks. I then stamped the sentiment from the Bitty Birthday stamp set (also by CTMH) in Cranberry ink on a strip of White Daisy cardstock that I layered on Crystal Blue cardstock and then added to the front of the card. I had originally created this to as a one-layer card, but decided that I liked how the Crystal Blue cardstock made the sentiment pop and tied the rest of the card together.

Here are a couple of close ups:



And that's it. Pretty darn simple! The Bitty Birthday stamp set will be retiring at the end of August. You get these two birthday sentiments for $2.95!


You definitely don't want to miss out!

Have a wonderfully creative week!






2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely fabulous way to use some of those smaller image stamps that we all have! Your circle background is amazing, Kim! Love the colors, and yes, love that retro feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your card designs! Do you happen to still have a set of the bitty birthday that you would be willing to sell?

    ReplyDelete