The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

17 August 2016

Heart & Home



Hi All! Today we're looking at the medium size frame I created for this home decor grouping. But before we get into it, I wanted to clarify that the "frames" I'm using are actually wooden "word art" decor pieces. They were on sale and I didn't particularly fancy the sayings on them, but I thought they would make fabulous little shadow boxes if you turned them around. So that's what I did.

Let's take a look at the medium frame.


For this frame, I used the new Flower Market Cricut Cartridge by Close To My Heart. The background papers are from the Memo Fundamentals collection. I cut the house out of the dotted Kraft Cardstock from the Rustic Home collection, and the frame and roof from White Daisy and Cocoa cardstock respectively. I added velum to the the windows and used Sea Glass Glitter paper for the window sill and door. The cut has a rectangular window above the door, but I used the Sea Glass heart from my sentiment cutout instead. (I also added some Liquid Glass to the heart to give it extra shine.

I created the banner using elements from the All Together complements pack and jute from the Rustic Home Ribbon pack. I added the elements to the jute using my mini stapler.

Here's a close up of the house and banner:


I wanted the sentiment to stand by itself, so I cut the top piece from Sea Glass glitter paper and then layered that on six layers of Cocoa Cardstock. It was fairly time consuming, but the effect was perfect. I also alter the sentiment by changing the size of the heart layer (I made it slightly smaller) and then slicing it from the base so that it created a heart-shaped hole. I added a heart cut from a bit of copper foiled vellum to the center of the heart frame and then proceeded with the rest of the layers. I then added to sentiment to the frame using Liquid Glass. I decided it need a little something more, so I added a copper and vellum heart from the All Together complements to the back of the H with glue dots.

Here's a close up:


Here's a look at the whole frame one more time:


Hope you like this little homey shadow box. Tune in tomorrow for the smallest of the frames.

Until then, have a wonderfully creative day!






1 comment:

  1. As much as I love all the frames together, this one is by far my favorite. That house! These colors!

    ReplyDelete