The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

05 August 2016

#True Love: A Little Weekend Mojo

Hi All! It's been forever since I played along with Mojo Monday, so I thought it was about time to get going again. I decided I'd pair this challenge up with the new True Love Operation Smile stamp set that Close To My Heart released to the public yesterday. Here's the set:


I love coloring these little kids! And the sentiments are so much fun, too! I think you'll be seeing a lot of projects featuring this set in the future. (And not only is it a fantastic set, Close To My Heart donates a portion of all the proceeds from this set to Operation Smile. So it's a win no matter what!)

Now on with the project. Here's Mojo Monday Sketch 459:


And here's my take on it:


So let's start with the card itself, which is cut from black cardstock at 4 1/4 x 11 inches and scored at 5 1/2 inches. The three paper panels are cut at 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches. I used paper from the Florence paper pack by Close To My Heart. (This gorgeous collection retires at the end of August, so grab it while you can!) The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a scrap of paper from the new CTMH Memo Fundamentals paper pack. The Love cameo is from the CTMH Snowhaven Assortment pack, which is currently on clearance!

Here's a close up of the sentiment:


Now let's talk about the focal piece. The girl is stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink on Neenah Solar White 110 pound cardstock. I chose the heavier cardstock because I knew I would be using a lot of color and didn't want to saturate the cardstock too quickly. I cut the little girl out of the cardstock before coloring her using the Stitched Rectangles Dies by Tim Holtz and Sizzix.


Here's a list of the Copic colors I used for coloring the girl and the background:

Skin: E0000, E00, E21, R21
Hair: YR24, E15, E17
Dress: B23, B37
Heart: R32, RV11, R83 (I also added some shimmer pen)
Grass: YG0000, YG03, YG06
Sky:  BG000, 0 (colorless blender)

After I mounted the piece to the card front, I added Liquid Glass to the heart to emphasize it even more. I then popped the sentiment and Love cameo up over the rectangle using foam tape.

Here's one more look at the front:


I hope you enjoyed this little bit of Friday Mojo!

Have a wonderfully creative weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment