The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

15 April 2017

O Happy Day! It's Some Kinda Wonderful!


Hi All! Welcome to the Rose Blossom Blog Hop for the month of April! If you just hopped over from from the AMAZING Shelly Nemitz's blog, Just One Pretty Piece, you're in the right place.

This month we're featuring the fun and funky Some Kinda Wonderful collection by Close To My Heart.


I have to be honest, I wasn't certain I would like this collection. Oh how wrong I was! The bright, rich colors are fabulous to create with, and the funky fonts and fun icons can't help but make you smile. I've had a ball using it for cards, scrapbooking, gift packaging, planning, and for today's project: a simple, college-ruled composition book turned Fabulous Journal!

Let's take a look:


I started by covering the front and back of this journal with papers from the Some Kinda Wonderful collection. I added black glitter letters for the title, and then jazzed it up a bit more with stickers and other glitter accents (all from the Some Kinda Wonderful Compliments pack). I kept the layers fairly flat because this will be traveling with me.

Here's a collage of the close ups of the front:

And here's the back, which I kept very plain:



Now let's take a look at the inside covers.


I covered the inside front cover with Glacier cardstock and added a stash pocket. I matted the pocket and cover with patterned paper. I like to add my name and contact info in my journals in case I happen to said journal, so I created a little name plate from a 3 x 4 journaling card on the cut apart page included in the paper pack. I added a stickers from the compliments pack for a little extra somethin', and then turned to the back cover.


Here, I added a pocket that I made from a sheet of patterned paper and blinged it up with more stickers and black glitter compliments. 

And that's it! A fabulous journal just waiting to be filled!

Hope you enjoyed this project! Now for more inspiration hop on over to the FANTASTIC Mary Newman's blog, The Pixie Dust Playground. If you get lost along the way, here's a list of hop participants:

Kim {that's me!}

See you soon and have a wonderfully creative weekend!





8 comments:

  1. Some kinda wonderful journal! You just have to smile looking at those colorful pocket pages and cover. Fantastic designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I knew you'd make something fun. I love those kinds of things but never think to make them. Maybe for the next hop I'll make a journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Kim! You are so creative & this proves it once again. Great journal with lots of fun packed into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layering on the front is so fun! What a great notebook with all the added details. You do such great work, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, what a fabulous altered notebook, Kim! You really nailed the fun graphic vibe of this collection! Love the layered cluster you put together on the cover, and those inside pockets are SO awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun journal! I love your little pocket idea, and that you put your contact information inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome. I can see a lot of High School graduates loving this!! Great design.

    ReplyDelete