The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

19 January 2013

Playing with the Pals (AND another Sneak Peek!)

Hi All! Hope you're having a happy Saturday!

Today's card was inspired by a sketch challenge over at Pals Paper Arts. (You definitely want to check them out if you need some inspiration.)

Here's the sketch:



And here's my take:


For this card, I used the brand-spankin' new Tommy Collection by Close To My Heart. (It will be available with the new idea book on February 1st.) Love the masculine, nautical theme. (Won't that stripe make a perfect tie for a Father's Day card? I'll be using it with the Father's Day card on the Cricut Artiste cartridge (page 75) for sure!)

I made the card base using White Daisy cardstock. The sentiment, pennant flags, and anchor stamps are all from the Tommy Workshop On The Go stamp set. The sentiment and anchor are stamped in Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink, and the pennants are stamped in Cranberry Exclusive Ink. I used a plane white dimensional element from the Mixed Shapes set for the sentiment. The anchor was stamped on White Daisy cardstock and fussy cut. I used dimensional adhesive to pop it up, and wrapped it with yellow bakers twine (from my stash) for a little flair.

Here are some close-ups:




Hope you enjoyed the Pals-inspired sneak peek! (Stay tuned for more....)






3 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the colors - and the message! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. Love the red banner stamped with the sentiment. and that little anchor, tied in twine...so gonna scraplift that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Kim! Such a great mix of elements (love the little banners) and colors!

    ReplyDelete