The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

28 February 2013

A Little Mojo (with a Sneak Peek at Floral Happiness)

Hi Folks! It seems like forever since I had a chance to play along with Mojo Monday! It's "Round or Square?" week. Here's the sketch:



And here's my take:


The Honey Cardstock base is cut at 4 x 12 inches and scored at 4 and 8 inches. The pattern paper is from the For Always collection in the new Close To My Heart Spring/Summer Idea Book. I used Ruby Cardstock, black ribbon (from my stash), a bling button and bitty pearls for accents. The rose is stamped in Lagoon Exclusive Ink on White Daisy Cardstock using the March Stamp Of The Month: Floral Happiness

Heres a little close-up:

Now let's take a look at the inside.



The inside flap features more Floral Happiness. This time, I used the 3rd generation stamping technique to create a lighter hue of Lagoon for the base of the rose and then 2nd generation stamping in Lagoon for the highlights. This created a softer look. The "Happiness Is...." pennant is stamped in Ruby Exclusive Ink on White Daisy Cardstock.

Here's a close-up of the rose:


And now for the inside middle panel.



I added a piece of White Daisy Cardstock and stamped the sentiment in Ruby Exclusive Ink. I used Lagoon Exclusive Ink to add a smaller rose (from the same stamp set) to the corner to tie it all together. For a little extra pop, I edged the Whited Daisy Cardstock with Ruby Exclusive Ink

Hope you enjoyed a little Mojo. Remember, Floral Happiness will be available starting tomorrow, 1 March.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a stunning card! Love the color mix with the "For Always" papers.

    ReplyDelete