The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

08 February 2014

Valentine Countdown: Sweet Little Box





Hi Folks! Just 7 more days (6 if you don't count the 14th) and counting! I mixed it up just a little with today's flip stand page. I thought this would be a great place for my family to record a few things we love. There are two little journaling spots that I added from my stash. How fun is that!?!

I to play along with the folks over at the Kraft Journal, so I'm linking up today's project to their "Here's My Heart" challenge. I liked this project because it is one of those that came together much more quickly than I expected. (That's fairly unusual for me, since I tend to tweak every project I find.) I used this tutorial and went from there. So let's take a look:


Here's My Ingredients List:
Kraft Cardstock
Oval Punch
Scallop Oval Punch
Pearl Flourishes
Pearl Adhesive Gems
Favorite Adhesive
Score Tape (or other really strong dry adhesive) 


The scalloped heart used for the top and bottom of the box is cut at 4 inches from Kraft Cardstock using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge. I cut four of these and adhere them in pairs to make them sturdier. I then inked the edges in Cranberry Exclusive Ink. I cut a heart to layer from Jubilee paper using the same cartridge. I think it's about 3 1/2 inches. (I used my Gypsy [you could use Cricut Craft Room] to adjust the size.) I also cut the flower at 2 inches from Jubilee paper using Artiste. I inked the edges of the heart in Cranberry and layered it on one of the scalloped hearts. I then created a box and lid per the instructions in the tutorial. I centered the box between the two scalloped hearts and attached it with score tape.

To decorate the lid, I added some pearl flourishes, the flower and some opaque pearl gems from my stash. The sentiment is from the Holiday Tags stamp set by Close To My Heart. I stamped it in Cranberry ink on Kraft cardstock and punched it out with my oval punch. I layered it onto the scalloped oval that I punched from Jubilee paper using dimensional adhesive and then popped that onto the top with more dimensional adhesive. I added a couple of pearls to the sentiment to set it off, and because you can NEVER have too much bling!

Here are some close-ups:



And here is a look at the box opened and full of goodies:


I do hope you're enjoying our countdown! We'll see you again tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Kim this sweet little heart box is just so super cute! I love all the embellishments along with the lovely flower! Thank you for joining us over at the Kraft Journal.
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a sweet project! Thanks for sharing your talents with us in our challenge this week, and please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this project ! We would love to post this as a guest tutorial this week for our Wednesday post at The Kraft Journal - would you please let me know if that would be ok ?? email me at jandelbone@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured at the Kraft Journal. Your Kraft-y heart is pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete