The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

09 June 2015

Heading to the Next Level

Hi All! Today is my son's big move from middle school to high school. They don't call it 8th Grade Graduation; rather, it's a "moving up" ceremony. Fifth grade and 12th grade have graduations. My theory is that since the middle school and high school are on the same campus, it's not really a graduation. Still, it's a transition worth celebrating in my book! (And the school's book, too, since I'll be attending a "Moving Up Ceremony" later today.)

So I thought I'd share the card I made for him, which was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday Challenge 401:


Here's the card:


Now my boy is a gamer--he likes to play them and build them. So I thought this retired stamp set from Close To My Heart called "Tech Speak" was perfect. The celebrate sentiment is from the Just To Say stamp set that is included in the CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut bundle. I used White Daisy cardstock for the base, and added a layer of Silver Foil Cardstock by Ranger. I created my own background paper by stamping computer code from Tech Speak onto White Daisy cardstock in second generation Cranberry ink. I added a layer of Pacifica cardstock to the edge that I embossed with a starburst embossing folder by Teresa Collins. A strip of Silver Shimmer Trim ties the layers together. I created the circuit layer by stamping the circuit board in Black ink onto White Daisy cardstock and layering that onto Cranberry cardstock. I used a bit of dimensional adhesive to allow the layer to sit flat on top of the embossed cardstock and shimmer trim. The shapes are cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge from Cranberry and White Daisy cardstocks, and "Next Level" is stamped in Pacifica ink. "It's time to celebrate!" is stamped in Cranberry ink on White Daisy cardstock and hand-cut into a banner.

Here's a close up:


And here's a look at the inside:


I used stamps from "Just to Say" and stamped them in Pacifica ink.

And here it is with the matching envelope:


I hope you enjoyed this little non-graduation-transition-from-the-8th-grade card. I love any chance I get to celebrate my kids! 



4 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun! What a perfect card for your son! My boy is a big gamer, too, so this really makes me smile. Love the images... especially that little hand... and love the embossing, too. Really adorable! Congrats to your boy on his transition to high school!

    ReplyDelete