The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

27 July 2015

Jack(son) in a Box

Hi All! Happy Monday! I thought I'd start the week off by sharing a card box I made to house the set of Jackson cards I made a few months ago. (You can see that card set here.) This project came with me to the CTMH Convention for the Creativity Showcase at the beginning of July.

Let's take a look:


For this box, I altered a Close To My Heart My Creations Journaling Cards Box. These boxes are originally white and have an easily-removable insert in them that allows you to stash your Picture My Life cards. However, I find they hold A2 sized cards and envelopes very well once the insert is removed, so that is what I generally use them for.

To alter the box, I first inked around the edges with Glacier ink. I then covered the box with layers of Cocoa and Glacier cardstocks and finished it off with paper from the Jackson Collection. I embellished the front of the box using Jackson compliments, which I popped up at varying heights with dimensional adhesive. and added some metal from the Rosewood Mini Medley collection (along with a  memo pin from my stash) for added texture. For the lid, I added a zip strip from the Jackson papers that I edged with Glacier Extra Thick Twine. I finished that off with two large metal-rimmed pearls (also from the Rosewood collection) to tie everything together.

Here's a look at some of the embellishments:


And here's a look at the sides of the box:


Finally, here is a look at the box with a representative sample of what it houses inside:


I hope you enjoyed this box. You can also see how I've altered this type of box before here and here. Have a fabulously inspired week!

3 comments: