The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

22 August 2016

Celebrate Fresh Inspiration (A Little Late)

Hi All! I just wanted to share a card that I made for my niece. The inspiration came from this Freshly Made Sketches challenge:

This was actually last week's sketch, but I didn't get my card mailed until late, and I didn't want to post it until I was sure my niece received her card. Soooooo...... (It was fresh inspiration when I made it!) ;-)

Here's my take on the sketch:


I had so much fun making this card! I began by layering Thistle cardstock on a Neenah Solar White 110lb card base, and then set it aside to work on the front panel.

For said panel, I ran a 4 x 5 1/4-inch piece of White Daisy cardstock through my Big Shot Plus machine using the new Happy Thoughts embossing folder by Close To My Heart. I then cut a strip of Sea Glass glitter paper and added it to the embossed layer with regular adhesive. 

I cut the striped panel from paper from the Whimsy Fundamentals paper pack and added two strips of gold foiled dotted vellum from the Uptown Fundamental paper pack to the back of it, and popped the whole thing over the Sea Glass glitter paper with foam tape.

I cut Celebrate from Sea Glass glitter paper using the new Celebrate Thin Cuts Die by Close To My Heart and added it to a third strip of the dotted vellum with foam tape. I then popped that strip up over the striped paper using strategically placed foam tape.

I cut "You" from the gold striped paper in the Uptown Fundamentals paper pack using My Favorite Things Little Letters Die-namics Dies. I tucked them under the vellum and adhered them with Liquid Glass.  I then finished things off with a liberal sprinkling of purple and clear sequins from 28 Lilac Lane. I added the front panel to the base with regular adhesive. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:




So better late than never! Hopefully we'll be back on schedule with some sketch challenges this week. In the meantime, have a wonderfully creative day!









4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kim! Love the vibrant colors, and what a cool embossed background. The glitter die cut sentiment is awesome. Looks like a party with confetti with the sequins and dotty vellum! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and fun! Layering perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fresh and fun! Layering perfection!

    ReplyDelete