The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

24 January 2017

Tuesday Treats: For Adorable You!

Hi All! Thought I'd share a cute little treat bag I created using Close To My Heart's January Stamp Of The Month: Adore You, and papers from the Sugar Rush collection.



Let's take a look!


To create these little bags, I used a 6x6 inch piece of patterned paper. (I chose patterns that had no obvious direction to them, which makes life oh so much easier.) I scored the paper at 1, 2 3/4, 3 3/4, and 5 1/2 inches. Then rotated my paper 90 degrees and scored at 1 and 5 1/2 inches. (If you use paper with a directional pattern, place it in your scoring tool so that the pattern is in the right direction and then score using the first set of measurements. Rotate the paper 90 degrees to the right, and score using the second set of measurements. That should keep your pattern going the right way for the box.)

I turned my paper so that the last two scores I made now ran horizontally and that the narrowest score line from the edge of the paper (the 5 1/2-inch line) was at the top. I removed the tiny little box at the top right corner where the two 5 1/2-inch score lines cross, added adhesive in the 1/2-inch space between the score line and the edge of the paper,  and then folded the paper back on itself so that the reverse side was showing. 

I then cut up the vertical score lines from the bottom edge of the paper to the 1-inch horizontal score line and removed the little 1-inch x 1/2-inch tab at the bottom right corner. I added adhesive down the right side between the 5 1/2-inch score line and the edge of the paper and sealed the bag together vertically. I then folded in the bottom flaps and sealed the bottom shut. And that's the bag done. 

Here's a look at each bag and how I finished them off:


To decorate this bag, I cut a banner from White Daisy cardstock using the Thin Cuts from the Hello Lovely Cardmaking Bundle. I stamped the sentiment from Adore You a little to the right in Sea Glass ink and added 2 hearts from Hello Lovely in second generation Blossom ink. I finished up the banner by going around the edge with my Gold Shimmer Brush. I then used my Think Cuts Hearts to cut a heart from White Daisy cardstock, fed the banner through the heart, and popped them up on the front with foam tape. I stamped the floral heart on White Daisy in second generation Blossom ink, cut it out by hand, and popped that up off the banner. Finally, I filled the box with Hershey nuggets and closed it up with White & Gold ribbon.


This bag is decorated a little more simply, and, I think, works for a more masculine gift. I cut the XO heart using the Think Cuts Basic Heart dies and then stamped it using the XO stamp from Adore You. I stamped XO in the center of the heart in Whisper ink and then added the XO's around it in second generation Whisper. I also used Whisper ink to ink around the edges to help give the heart more definition. I then cut a label from the Hello Lovely dies and stamped my sentiment in Pomegranate ink. The label was too long, so I ran it back through my die machine and used the same die to cut off the excess. I then edged it with my Gold Shimmer Brush and popped it and the heart onto the front of the bag with foam tape. I closed the bag using a mini bulldog clip from my stash.

And that's it! The finished bag measurements in inches are 4 1/2 x 1 3/4 x 1. It easily holds 5 Hershey Nuggets, but you can squeeze in 6.

Here's one more look at the two together:


Remember, the Adore You stamp set is only available through 31 January 2017! I have links to it and all the products I used today in the product list below.

I hope you give these bags a try. They are a fun and simple way to pass along a little kindness on Valentines or any other Day!

Have a wonderfully creative week!



3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've been avoiding that large dot print paper but I love what you've done with it here. I like that these could go masculine as well. Might have to make a treat bag for my sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! I know your sweetie will love it! 😁

      Delete
  2. These are adorable, Kim! LOVE the shape of these! As a coffee-lover, I am drawn to the coffee bag style, and adore the wee miniature version you created! So fun and fresh, and beautifully embellished! Love how the die cuts and elements extend off the sides. These would be perfect for anyone on your Valentine list! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete