The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

11 February 2017

With Enough Coffee....

Hi All! Just wanted to pop in and share a card I made using the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit. The kit sold out quite some time ago, but I'll have links at the end of the post for the supplies I used. Now let's take a look at the card.


For the base of the card, I cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11 inches and scored it at 5 1/2 inches to create a top-folding A2 sized card. I rounded the bottom corners of the card and then stamped the card base with images from the Simon Says Stamp Coffee & Tea stamp set in Desert Sand ink by Close To My Heart. I accented three of the hearts on the card base by tracing them with my White Signo Gel Pen.

I layered a piece of patterned paper from Doodlebug Designs Cream & Sugar 6x6 paper pad that was cut to 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches. I cut down a piece of White Daisy Cardstock an inch smaller than the patterned paper and stamped the sentiment toward the top in Cocoa ink and popped it up on the card using foam tape. I cut banners from patterned papers in the Cream & Sugar paper pad and adhered them together. I then wrapped some hemp twine around one end of the banners and aded them to the card front using tape runner and foam adhesive. Finally, I added some absolutely adorable puffy stickers (also by Doodlebug) to the front to finish it off.

Here are a few close-ups of the sentiment and those stickers:




And here's one more look at the card:


I've made quite a few other cards using this kit, including a few valentines, so stay tuned! In the meantime, have a wonderfully creative day!







2 comments:

  1. Love this design with the background stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this, Kim! So fun and sweet! Loving your kraft background with the repeat stamping. Great idea to highlight a few of the hearts with a gel pen. Love how that looks, and love all the fun papers you used. Those puffy stickers are just toooooo fun. Really makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete