The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

05 September 2012

Krafty Hearts' September Blog Share


Celebrating Close to My Heart's September Stamp of the Month



Hi Friends! Welcome to our first ever Kraft-y Hearts Project Share! This new monthly feature will showcase Close To My Heart's Stamps Of The Month, and is kind of like a blog hop, but a little less formal. :D Today through Friday, Lynn Darda of From My Bungalow and I are going to be showing off the fantastic September Stamp of the Month on our blogs. 

Here we go!

I thought I'd start things out with a little Midweek Mojo. Julee Tilman at Mojo Monday has served up quite the challenge for this week. There are a lot of elements in this card, but nothing that our September SOTM and a little kraft cardstock and some Clementine paper can't handle.


Here's my take on Julee's sketch:




The base of the card is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4-inches (A2 size), and is cut from Kraft cardstock. (There's a reason we're Kraft-y Hearts!) ;) The pattern paper is from the Clementine paper pack, with a little Sorbet cardstock for accent. I used our Burlap ribbon for behind the pumpkins and then as a fringe near the bottom. (You'll be seeing a fair amount of the Burlap over the next few posts. This really is a fun ribbon to work with and the texture it adds to a project is outstanding!) The large button is from the Bohemian assortment and the two small flower buttons are from the Buttons Basic assortment. I tied little pieces of the Burlap string in each of the buttons to give them a finished look, and attached them with glue dots. (The strings are from pieces I pulled out of the ribbon to create the bottom fringe.) 

I stamped the pumpkins and the sentiment in Chocolate exclusive ink on Colonial White cardstock and distressed the edges of the sentiment with Chocolate exclusive ink. The pumpkins are from the September SOTM. I colored them with my watercolor pencils. (My new Close To My Heart alcohol ink markers should be coming in any day now. I can't wait to use them with the SOTM!) The sentiment is from the Casual Expressions stamp set.

Here are a couple of close-ups: 







And here it is with its matching envelope:


I hope you enjoyed the card! Remember the Stamp Of The Month can be purchased for the full retail price of $17.95 OR for just $5 with a $50 order.

Don't forget to stop by Lynn's Bungalow to see more beautiful creations!

I'll see you tomorrow for another Kraft-y Hearts share!






5 comments:

  1. Great job with those pumpkins, love that burlap ribbon accent too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! You know I love the Kraft and those Clementine papers. I love that burlap banner with the buttons and all your lovely layers. I have such a hard time adhering anything on an angle like that but I am inspired to try it soon! Can't wait to see your Kraft-y share tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete