The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

18 January 2013

A Little Weekend Mojo (AND a Sneak Peek!)

Hi All! The sun is finally shining here in the nations capital city. WOO HOO! (It's a bit on the chilly side though. Still, if I have to choose, I'll take sunny and cold over constant mist any day!)

I thought I'd share a little card I did to play along with Mojo Monday. It will also give you a little peek at the new Buzz & Bumble line by Close To My Heart.

Here's the Mojo Sketch:


And here's my take using the Buzz & Bumble line (available February 1st). 


The card base is made from Kraft cardstock. The layer is Champagne cardstock with Buzz & Bumble patterned papers. The sentiment, flowers, and seed packet are from the Buzz & Bumble Workshop On The Go stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on patterned paper using Cocoa Exclusive Ink and punched it out using one of my many punches. [If you don't have this shape, however, or want to do a bunch of cards at once, you could use the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (shape 8 on page 47) or any number of shapes on the Cricut Artiste cartridge.] The flowers and seed packet are stamped on White Daisy cardstock in brown Stāz-On ink and are fussy cut. I sponged the flowers with Sunset and Crème Brûlée Exclusive Inks, and used the Autumn Terracotta marker for the middle of the small flower. The seed packet is colored with Sunset, Sweet Leaf, GoldrushCrème Brûlée and Autumn Terracotta Exclusive Inks using my water brush. After everything was dry, I sponged the background in Crème Brûlée. To tie it all together, I sponged the edges of all the elements with Cocoa Exclusive Ink and added a little Color-Ready Seam Binding and white crochet thread (from my stash). A couple of small strips of Burlap Ribbon adds a little extra fun and texture.

Here are some close ups:





Since there's quite a bit of Cocoa Ink involved in this card, I'm also linking it to the Heart 2 Heart challenge for this week.

I hope you enjoyed this little Mojo-inspired sneak peek! More peeks to come!








4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a great mix of shapes and stamped images. I love the touch of burlap for texture as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, Lynn! All the "sneak peeks" will be coming your way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card & sneak peek! Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the paper works well for it!! I am so going to have to get this paper!! Thanks for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete