The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

18 April 2013

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share Day 1: Sharing a Little Dreamy April Mojo....



Hi All! Welcome to the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share featuring Close To My Heart's April Stamp Of The Month: My Sunshine.




Today's project also provides a little sneak peek of a new paper collection that CTMH is releasing to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month in May. The collection is called Dream Pop, and is full of dreamy pops of color along with fabulous cardstock that is perfect for use with color resist techniques. Today's card was inspired by this Mojo Monday sketch:

Now on to the project!


Are these colors fabulous or what???? The card base is made from Kraft cardstock, which is layered with White Daisy cardstock. I used the polkadot cardstock from Dream Pop as the 3rd layer. (You can see the resist pattern on it better in the close-ups.) The large medallion is cut from the back of the paper that I used for the triangle. I popped it up with dimensional adhesive and added a little glitter gel for extra sparkle. The little "Hi" flag is the zip strip from the yellow and grey piece to which it's attached. The bird is stamped in Lagoon Exclusive Ink. The shape can be cut from the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge. I fussy cut it because I didn't want a white border. The wing is stamped in Sorbet Exclusive Ink, fussy cut, and attached to the bird with dimensional adhesive. The sentiment is stamped in Lagoon Exclusive Ink on White Daisy cardstock. The little flag is cut from the zip strip on the hounds-toothy/medallion paper. The sentiment and bird are both popped up with dimensional adhesive.

Here are some close-ups:



And here is the full card, once again:



I hope you enjoyed my dreamy April bit of Mojo. Remember, My Sunshine can be yours for $5 with any qualifying order of $50 or more, or you can purchase it on its own for $17.95. It is available through 30 April. Now hop on over and see what bit of Sunshine the ever-so-talented Lynn Darda has for you at From My Bungalow!

See you tomorrow for Day 2 of the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share and a little more Sunshine!





1 comment: