The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

19 July 2013

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share Day 2: Mix Well....


Hi Gang! Welcome to Day 2 of the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share for July. Today Lynn, Jody, and I will be mixing and matching some current products with a few new products that will be available with the new Idea Book launch on August 1st. (I LOVE sneak peeks!)

As promised yesterday, today's project is the box that holds our note card set.


Using Kraft cardstock and the Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut Cartridge, I cut the box at 3 1/2 inches. I then cut a 2nd box using paper from the brand-spankin'-new Huntington collection. (Oh the Kraft-y goodness this paper brings!) I cut the sides and bottom off the second box and used it to layer on the inside of the Kraft box. To decorate the outside, I cut strips of Dakota and Huntington papers and edged them with the new CTMH scalloped edge punch. I layered them on the outside of the box and added some new Ruby Shimmer Trim [insert happy dance here] for some fantastic bling! I used a little more Huntington to create a rosette and popped a little watercolored apple from The Sweet Life stamp set on top. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I stamped it in Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink on Champagne cardstock, cut pennants in the end and adhered it to the box. I also inked around the edges of the box with a little Outdoor Denim to add some depth. I then used some ultra thin magnets as a closure.

Here are some close-ups:





See how well the products mix together? LOVE that! Don't forget to hop over and see what inspiring goodies Lynn and Jody have created for today.

Tune in tomorrow and see "Nuthin' but New!"


4 comments:

  1. I want it! Lol. That box is full of Krafty goodness. Love the lining and all the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, what a great box! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Kim! Love red glitter tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about your project! The cards are beautiful and your box is just perfect. Love the paper you chose for the liner and your coloring of the fruit is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete