The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

21 September 2014

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share: Family is Forever


Hi All! Welcome to the Kraft-y Hearts' September Blog Share! This month we'll be taking a look at Close To My Heart's September Stamp Of The Month: Family Is Forever



Now, on with the share! 

Have you ever started a project with one idea in mind only to have it morph into something completely different? Welcome to my world. I started out with a little 6x6 canvas and stamped the tree image from the Family Is Forever on it. I had visions of a beautiful fall ombre tree that ended up...well...not so beautiful. So it was back to the drawing board. And this is what I came up with instead:


I stamped the tree image and sentiment in Black Exclusive Ink on a 6x6 piece of kraft cardstock. I also stamped the top of the tree in Ruby Pigment Ink on a scrap of kraft cardstock and fussy cut the hearts. I adhered the red hearts over the ones on the tree with liquid adhesive. I used a paint brush and Colonial White Exclusive Ink to add a little pop of highlight to each heart. I then cut 2 slits in the cardstock on either side of "forever" and threaded through some of our Cranberry Striped Twill ribbon and tied it in a bow over the tree trunk.

Here are a couple of close-ups for you:



Before adhering the cardstock to the front of the canvass (using liquid adhesive), I inked the edges of the canvass and the cardstock with Black Exlusive Ink. I then went over the ink on the canvas with my ShinHan Touch Black marker to deepen the color. I also covered the outer edge of the canvas with more of the Cranberry Striped Twill Ribbon. When the adhesive on all that was dry, I adhered the cardstock to the front of the canvass.

Here's another look:


I didn't start out with a sort of primitive art look in mind, but it's what I ended up with, and I like it! Happy accidents are the best kind!

I hope you enjoyed this little project. Don't forget to hop on over and see what the oh-so-talented Lynn Darda has in store for you at From My Bungalow.

And as always, the Stamp Of The Month can be yours for $17.95 or for $5 with a $50 purchase.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful project, Kim! I think the tree looks great on kraft paper!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that tree stamped in black. The highlights on your hearts really pop. The piece looks perfect next to your lovely family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that as an accent piece by your family photo. It's like an embellishment on a 3D scrapbook layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your use of the tree image here is just beautiful, Kim! I love the black silhouette look with the pop of color. Amazing job with all that fussy cutting. The little white highlights you added to the hearts is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete