The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

16 January 2015

A Little Friday Free-style

Hi All! It's FRIDAY!!! Woo HOO!!!

Just thought I'd share a little project I did a while ago for the daughter of a good friend of mine.


Sophia is one creative kid, so for her 5th birthday last summer we threw an art party for her. This was the sign that I made for the party (which now hangs on her bedroom door). 

To make it, I covered an up-cycled canvas in black gesso and LET IT DRY. (We know the mantra right?) I decided to do the lettering using bright and bold papers from my stash. So I got out a variety of letter stencils-masks from Hazel & Ruby and used them to trace the letters, which I then fussy cut. Yes it did take a longish time, but it was worth it to achieve the look I wanted. I then attached the letters with Mod Podge and LET IT DRY.  After the Mod Podge dried, I doodled a couple of daisies on the canvas for interest using acrylic paint. When the doodles were dry, I have the whole thing another coat of Mod Podge and called it done.

Here are a couple of close-ups of the letters and doodles:



And here's one more look at the sign:


I hope you enjoyed a little canvas goodness today! Have a fantastic weekend!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! Great ideas. I always love seeing your special doodling to projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness, how adorable! I cannot believe you fussy cut all that lettering! Wow, what a special gift!

    ReplyDelete