The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

19 March 2015

A Bunch of Thanks


Hi All! Welcome to another edition of Thankful Thursday. Today's project is a group of thank you notes I made a while back using the Variety of Thanks stamp set (a hostess reward set from Seasonal Expressions 1, which retires at the end of march), the Brushstrokes stamp set (which was introduced in Seasonal Expressions 1, and will NOT retire at the end of the month), and the Paper Fundamentals Adventure Assortment paper pack.


While most of my projects include lots of layers and bling, I do occasionally prefer the clean and simple. This set of cards is just that. I let the bright, bold patterns and colors of the papers do all the work, and just added a little stamping and heat embossing.

Lets take a look.

Color: Gypsy
The note cards are standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch cards made with White Daisy cardstock. I layered that with a piece of patterned paper that was cut at 4 x 5 1/4 inches. The back of the paper fundamentals papers have a resist pattern, so you need to use a strong adhesive to adhere them to the base. (I used Tombow's Xtreme Adhesive.)

The sentiment is stamped on a piece of White Daisy cardstock that is cut at 3 1/2  x 4 3/4 inches and adhered to the patterned layer with regular adhesive. I stamped the Brushstroke stamp in ink that matched the patterned paper (in this case, Gypsy Exclusive ink), and then stamped the sentiment in Versa Mark ink. I added white embossing powder and heat set it. I like the texture and shine of the embossing,  but you could stamp the sentiment in White Daisy pigment ink if you don't want texture and shine. If you don't have white embossing powder, you could stamp the image in white ink and emboss it with clear embossing powder for a similar effect to the above.

Here's a close up:


And here's a look at all of the cards:

Colors: Cranberry, Cotton Candy, Hollyhock
Colors: Sunset, Honey, Pear
Colors: Topiary, Lagoon, Pacifica
I ended up making 2 of each pattern, so 20 cards in all. My goal is to start sending notes regularly to friends and family. I know we usually keep thank you notes to respond to gifts given or specific things that have been done for us, and I'll use these that way. But I also thought it would be nice to send out a few to just thank people for being themselves and being in my life. I'm grateful for my friends and family. I should probably tell them that more often....



4 comments:

  1. What a striking design! I love that top photo that shows the rainbow of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the rainbow of colors on these notecards, Kim! They look absolutely stunning all together like that. I can see making up a bunch of these to give as a gift set. The brushstroke sentiment is beautiful. Love that they are flat for mailing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, there just wonderful. So simply yet very bold in statement. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, there just wonderful. So simply yet very bold in statement. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete