The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

02 June 2015

A Little Tuesday Mojo


Hi All! So Mojo Monday is not only having their contest sketch this week, but they also have a Design Team call out. Who could pass up THAT opportunity?!? Here's this week's sketch:


And here's my take on it:


For this card, I used a standard A2 (5 1/2 x 4.1/4 inch) card base made from Close To My Heart's Cocoa cardstock, and rounded the bottom corners with my corner rounder. Since this is a white core cardstock, I inked around the edges of the cardstock with Cocoa Exclusive Ink. I added a layer of White Daisy cardstock that is 1/4 inches shorter and narrower than the base. For a little added texture, I stamped a background stamp from the Jumping Geometrics stamp set in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder. I then added a circle of gold-foiled vellum to the corner, rounded the bottom corners, and adhered the entire layer to the card base.

The flower is from the Wavy Blooms stamp set (one of my favorite sets for coloring). I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on White Daisy cardstock and let it dry. I then colored it with ShinHan Twin Touch markers in Golden Yellow, Marigold, Bronze, Mahogany, Leaf Green, Vivid Green, and Sap Green. The sentiment is from the Documenting Moments stamp set, and is stamped on White Daisy cardstock in Honey and Cocoa Exclusive Ink. I flagged the end and then popped the sentiment and flower up with thin 3D foam tape. When all was said and done, I thought it needed a little something more, so I added some gold sequins for the final touch. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:




Hope you enjoyed this little bit of Mojo Monday on Tuesday. It was fun to play along once again.





2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love those gold accents. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Kim! Love the flower and great take on that sketch. Your design is an amazing combo of natural and elegant, that I just love. The gold sequins and vellum are such a gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete