The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

23 March 2016

She's my kind o' Peep


Hi All! I have a fun little shaker card card to share with you today featuring Simon Says Stamp's My Kind of Peeps stamp set and coordinating dies. Let's take a look:


I created this card to celebrate my daughter returning home after spending 10 days in Paris with her 8th grade classmates. She's a HUGE Peeps fan, so this set was PERFECT! The wee peeps are stamped on Close To My Heart's White Daisy cardstock in CTMH Crystal Blue, Pear, Thistle, Canary, and Pixie inks. The large peep is stamped in Thistle ink on White Daisy cardstock and then sprinkled with Diamond glitter by Ranger. The patterned paper is from Simon Says Stamp's March card kit, and the Pixie Pink cardstock is by Close to My Heart. I embossed the cardstock using the CTMH Confetti embossing folder. I then flipped the cardstock so the debossed side was facing up. For the shaker, I added a variety of colors of iridescent hearts by Martha Stewart and part of the yellow sequin mix that came with the card kit. I then added a little gold thread under the larger Peep for some extra shine and popped my sentiment (stamped in Pear and Thistle inks) under that.

Here's a collage of close ups:


And that's it! Hope you enjoyed this little homage to one of my favorite Peeps! (I'm so glad she's home!)

Have a fabulously creative week!






3 comments:

  1. Awww, what an adorable shaker card, Kim! LOVE that you added those tiny peeps to the shaker bits! Totally makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! So glad she is home too. I've really been enjoying your pics from the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this kit on SSS, and I thought it was adorable! I bet you are glad to have your daughter with you on your desert journey!

    ReplyDelete