The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

03 August 2016

To A Special Friend

Hi All! Just thought I'd pop in with a quick card I made from a piece I watercolored for #thedailymarker30day coloring challenge. Let's take a look:



For this card, I began by creating a standard A2 card base from Kraft Cardstock. I then cut a frame from the front using the A Bunch of Love Thin Cut dies by Close To My Heart and my Sizzix Big Shot Plus. I then used my Misti Stamping tool to line up the coordinating stamp from the A Bunch of Love Stamp set. I stamped the image and the "special friend" sentiment in VersaMark ink and embossed them in white embossing powder. I then used my Misti to stamp the sentiment on the front in VersaMark, and used white embossing powder on it as well. I then watercolored the image and let it dry. After it was dry, I added a little shimmer to it using my Wink of Stella clear pen. 

I then added paint splatters to the front of the card for extra texture and color. I felt like the opening needed something extra to make it pop, so I outlined it in pearl white using my Kuretaki Gansai Tambi water colors. Finally I added the bow and some yellow sequins from my stash for a little extra bling.

Here are some close ups:


I hope you enjoyed this card. This particular die and stamp set will only be available through the end of August so you might want to hop on over and grab them before they're gone!

Have a wonderfully creative week!








1 comment:

  1. Oooh, what a fun card, Kim! LOVE the window cut out with the floral bouquet, and love your coloring on kraft! SO cool!

    ReplyDelete