The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

25 January 2017

You Make Me Happy!

Hi All! Thought I'd share a card that I made using a variety of media and Close To My Heart's January Stamp Of The Month: Adore You. Let's take a look:


For the base of the card, I used Kraft cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 11 inches and scored at 5 1/2 inches to make a top folding card. 

For the card front, I cut two stitched ovals from White Daisy and Woodgrain cardstocks. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold on the White Daisy cardstock and then replaced it in the Woodgrain frame. I then went to work on the background, blending Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves, and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks. I followed that up with a sprinkling of water and then blended Picket Fence and Hickory Smoke Distress Crayons into the Woodgrain paper to create a more weathered appearance. 

Since I was making this into a shaker card, I cut the same oval from two layers of craft foam that were slightly smaller than the card front. Since they were white, I went around the edges of the foam layers with an Aged Mahogany Distress Marker. I added the craft foam frames to the card base and fitted the sentiment oval into the frame and attached it to the base as well. I then added a mix of sequins and glitter, attached a piece of acetate to the front, and then layered the Woodgrain cardstock frame to the front. 

To finish off the card, I used metal foliage flowers and leaves hardware that I "sewed" together with hemp twine. I used this element to anchor the second sentiment, which I stamped onto Kraft cardstock in Archival Black ink and then added a distressed feel to the piece with Aged Mahogany and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink along with a little Hickory Smoke and Picket Fence crayons just for fun. I added the sentiment and embellishment to the front of the card with foam tape.

Here's a few close-ups:

And here's a look at the card "mid-shake":


And here are a couple more pictures for good measure:



It's been a while since I've done a card that was this technique heavy. It was so much fun, I really should do more. I hope you've enjoyed it seeing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Remember, the January Stamp Of The Month retires next week, so get it while you can.
In the meantime, have a wonderfully creative day!





3 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I could see this in person! It looks amazing! You're good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun one to create. 😄

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous card, Kim! You know I am loving all that gorgeous Distress goodness on here! Your woodgrain looks amazing! Love the rich color and the fun shaker design. Rocking those stitched oval dies! Great job!

    ReplyDelete