The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

15 June 2017

No Worries! It's All Good....


Hi All! Welcome to the Rose Blossom Blog Hop for June featuring Close To My Heart's No Worries collection. And I'm here to tell ya folks, it's ALL good! If you just hopped in from the fabulous Shelly Nemitz' blog, Just One Pretty Piece, you're in the right place. This collection is perfect for documenting the lazy days of summer.  Take a look:


I've been creating like mad with these papers and complements, and it's been a breeze. Everything coordinates beautifully, and the paper designs are perfect for all sorts of non-scrapbooking needs. Like a farewell card, for example:


I needed a couple of these cards this month for friends who are moving home to other parts of the world.

I used kraft cardstock for the card base, and layered it with Sapphire cardstock and No Worries paper. (LOVE those cabana stripes). I stamped the palm trees image from the No Worries Scrapbooking stamp set directly on the middle panel using Sapphire ink, and then stamped the image again on the White Daisy panel inside the card for a lighter, second-generation look. I then used Desert Sand ink to stamp the bottom edge of each panel with the sand texture stamp from the No Worries Cardmaking stamp set. I used the same stamp and some ink-blending techniques to create a beach look on the inner panel as well. I decided to create my own embellishments for the front using stamps and coordinating thin cuts from the No Worries Cardmaking set. I stamped the umbrella in Sapphire ink, the sentiment in Cranberry, and the starfish on the inside in second generation Sapphire, Cranberry, and Lagoon inks. I cut everything out with the coordinating Thin Cuts, but decided to cut the extra white edge off the star fish. For the deck chair, I stamped it twice--once in Desert Sand and once in Lagoon--and cut both out with the Thin Cuts. I then cut the striped fabric from the Lagoon chair and pieced it onto the Desert Sand chair. I then popped every thing up with foam tape.

Here's a look at some close ups:




And here's the card once again:


I hope you liked my little farewell. I know you're going to LOVE this collection, so you definitely want to go check it out here. In the meantime, hop on over for some AMAZING inspiration from Morgan Vogt at Tweetscraps.

Have a wonderfully creative week!






4 comments:

  1. great card! lots of fun ways to use that fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome easel card! I love the stamping and color choices. You are making me want to order that No Worries-Scrapbooking stamp. The trees look really cool stamped on the stripe paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love step cards and you did such an awesome job with this design! It's so simple, yet you were able to create such a sweet little scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OmGoodness, Kim! This card is amazing! Love the fold design and love your beach cabana look! This is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete