The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

02 September 2017

Feel(ing) So Blessed!


Hi All! Welcome to the Kraft-y Heart Blog Share featuring Close To My Heart's September 2017 Stamp Of The Month: Feel So Blessed. If you haven't hopped over to see  the incredibly talented Lynn Darda at From My Bungalow yet, don't miss it! She will certainly inspire your creativity! But first, let's take a look at this fantastic new stamp:


I love this stamp set, from the fun fonts to the whimsical images. And the sentiments are not only great reminders, but look beautiful on cards and scrapbook pages alike. HOWEVER, I thought I'd showcase them in a little home decor piece that I created to auction off later this month at the Rose Blossom Operation Smile Crop. (For more on Operation Smile, click here).

Let's take a look:


This shadow box frame is decked out for fall and ready to show off 2x3 photos of three of your favorite blessings.

To decorate the frame, I used patterned papers from the new Falling For You paper pack by Close To My Heart, along with embellishments from the Falling For You Complements pack. Here's a closer look: 

For the main sentiment, I inked up the stamp in Saffron ink, then rolled the edges in the new Nutmeg ink and stamped it on White Daisy cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment again in Fern ink and cut out the "Beautiful" and added it to the original sentiment. I popped that up on Fern cardstock that I had stamped with two laurel branches toward the bottom. I popped that up on a panel of Kraft cardstock layered with patterned paper and then popped the whole thing up in the frame. I then finished things off with a badge button from the complements pack and a smattering of bronze sequins from the Bronze Sequin mix.

For the "Blessed" element, I stamped 2 feathers in the new Pewter ink on some scraps of striped vellum and fussy cut them. I attached them to the back of the Blessed die cut from the complements pack and added some flower stickers. I finished the embellishment off with a burlap bow and some Gold Shimmer Pen on the flowers.

To decorate the bottom compartment, I layered Kraft cardstock with patterned paper and then popped a 3x4 card from the cut-apart page in the paper pack onto that. I added the "Bloom" sentiment from the Falling For You Scrapbooking stamp set in Fern ink, and then stamped the "with Gratitude"sentiment from Feel So Blessed in Nutmeg ink on Fern cardstock. I cut that sentiment into a banner and popped it up on the card. I finished it off with more bronze sequins.

 For the left side of the frame, I added 2 spots for photos and two decorative areas. The decorative pieces in each compartment were layered like the two on the right side of the frame, I just changed the sentiments a bit.
For the "So Grateful..." compartment, I stamped "grateful" onto patterned paper in Fern ink and "for this" in Nutmeg ink on Kraft cardstock. I fussy cut the "for this" out and popped it up below "grateful." The "so" is from the complement stickers and is also popped up. I added bronze sequins to finish it off and to tie it in to the elements on the left side of the frame. 

The "Thankful" sentiment is stamped in Nutmeg ink on Kraft cardstock and popped up on patterned paper. I added a little chevron detail to the pattern paper using a stamp from Feel So Blessed and Nutmeg ink. To finish things off, I added two sticker strips above and below "thankful" and two sequins. I popped up an acorn sticker toward the bottom that I had embellished with Gold Shimmer and Liquid Glass.

Finally, I added a little extra something with a paper rosette, a badge button from the complements and a little burlap string. 

Here's the whole project, one more time:

I hope you like this little piece. If you happen to be at the Rose Blossom Operation Smile Crop this month, remember to bid high! Let's make as many people smile as we can! And remember, the Feel So Blessed stamp set is only available during the month of September.

Happy crafting!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this. So many lovely details. I'm glad we can bid long distance because this piece would look awesome in my bungalow!

    ReplyDelete