The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

23 February 2013

Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share: Day 3

Celebrating Close To My Heart's


Hi All! Welcome to Day 3 of the Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share! I hope you're finding lots of inspiration for your Close To My Heart February Stamp Of The Month: Home Sweet Home stamp set. What?! You don't have it yet?? Just click here to order it...Don't worry...we'll wait....

I decided to call today's project (which I am linking to the Heart 2 Heart Tag It challenge) my "Tea &..." folio.

The folio is made from Kraft Cardstock. It's essentially a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch card that I scored at 1 1/4 inches along the bottom to create pockets. I scored the left side at 3/8-inch and punched 2 holes to bind it. A little Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon does a great job for the binding. I covered the outside and part of the inside with Chantilly Paper. The little flower was made with a punch in my collection and the "Just For You" sentiment is from the Card Word Puzzle stamp set. (A hugely versatile, go-to set for me.) The sentiment is stamped in Twilight Exclusive Ink on Crystal Blue Cardstock. I added a couple of small wooden buttons from the Mini-Medley Accents Wooden Collection tied with bakers twine for a little fun.


The tag that tucks in the front pocket doubles as a bookmark. (I ask you, what better use could you find for a Jane Austen quote?) The quote (which is from the Stamp Of The Month set) is stamped in Twilight Exclusive Ink on Sweet Leaf Cardstock. The bookmark is cut from a double layer of Crystal Blue Cardstock and accented with Chantilly Paper. (Chantilly just says "Jane Austen" to me.) I used Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon and bakers twine to add a tie to the tag. Because I'm using this as a bookmark, I left off the bling. (Gasp! I know, right!) But books don't need the bulk of the bling. 


When you open up the folio, there's another little pocket for a tea bag. Cute, yes? I left the inside cover blank to add a sentiment later. It could be "Tea & Thanks" or "Tea & Sympathy" or "Tea & Just Because," I haven't decided yet.

Here's a little collage of the details:

I hope you enjoyed today's Tea &....folio. And I hope you've been inspired to create something beautiful with the February Stamp of The Month: Home Sweet HomeRemember, that the stamp of the month can be yours for $5 with any qualifying order of $50 or more, or you can purchase it on its own for $17.95. Now, if you haven't made it over to From My Bungalow to see what the oh-so-talented Lynn Darda, has been up to this month, hop on over! See you soon!


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this sweet and clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute...I love that it's a tea bag holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet treat and pick-me-up! Thanks for taking the Tag You're It challenge @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! A very clever idea for a tag indeed! So cute! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete