The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

11 February 2014

Valentine Countdown: Hello Love




Hi All! Welcome to our Valentine's Countdown. Only 4 more days! Aren't these little foxes cute?! They are part of the Close To My Heart February Stamp Of The Month stamp set called Wild About Love. Just love them!

I thought about making today's project my Valentine's gift to my hubby, but decided I didn't want to wait to give it to him.


This frame started out white and pretty banged up. I used some sandpaper and further distressed it to make sure it would take paint. Then I gave it a few coats of paint--red, brown, and cream--and distressed it again. With the help of a little Mod Podge, I added strips of sheet music tissue paper. After everything was dry (I cheated and used my heat gun between layers…), I used antique gold Rub & Buff to add a light layer of gilding. 

The background paper for the picture and "Hello Love" is from the For Always collection (retired) by Close To My Heart. I sprayed it with antique gold shimmer paint and then used a dot stencil and added some red. "Hello Love" is from the Lollydoodle Card Kit stamp set. I created the flower design element from Ruby Chevron Ribbon wrapped with some gold lamé ribbon from my stash. I added some black glitter paper, a metal flower and a little bling from my stash. 

Here are some close-ups:






And here is one last picture of the frame now sitting on my mantel. (Wonder if my hubby will notice…) ;-) 


I hope you like my little altered project, and that you're enjoying the Violet & Sunshine Valentine Countdown. See you tomorrow as the countdown continues….



3 comments:

  1. beautiful, kim! loving the shimmer on the ribbon and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frame, Kim!! I love the shimmer, the bow and those little banners. Perfection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful, Kim! Totally love what you've done with that old frame! The gold gilding is stunning, and what a fabulous photo! LOVE your flower, too!

    ReplyDelete