The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

01 January 2015

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, All! Welcome to the first Rose Blossom Blog Hop of 2015. What an inspiring way to start out the year. This hop features Close To My Heart's January Stamp of the Month: This Moment.


If you've just hopped over from the blog of the oh-so-talented Shelly Nemitz, you're on the right track. If you happen to get lost along the way or have started here, there is a list of participating blogs at the end of this post. Now, on with the project!

Today's project is a little mini album I created for my Valentine. Let's take a look:


To create this album, I used Kraft Cardstock layered with White Daisy and Cranberry Cardstock, and paper from the Heartstrings paper pack. The sentiments (from This Moment) are stamped in Cranberry Exclusive Ink on White Daisy Cardstock, fussy cut, and popped up on the front with dimensional adhesive. I added some Red Enamel Hearts for a little fairly understated bling.

Here's a look at the cover when it's open (I used some hook & loop dots to make sure the closure was secure):


Now let's take a look at the pages:

I used some small treat bags (retired) for the pages. I cut the sealed end off and used Kathy Orta's Hidden Hinge Binding System to attach the bags to the album, creating 5 pocket pages. I then used images from This Moment in Cranberry and Black Exclusive Inks to decorate the pages. ( I highly recommend stamping your pages before you bind the book...trust me...) I chose some 4x3 inch cards from the Heartstring Picture My Life Scrapbooking Program for page inserts. Here's a look:




I love the creativity you can have with acrylic stamps. The arrow above is straight in the set, but I liked it bent for this little page, so I bent it on my block, stamped it in Black Exclusive Ink, and then straightened it back out and returned it to my set none the worse for wear.


I have to confess: this last page is covering a mistake. I wiggled my stamp on the page and it just didn't look good. (Again, stamp those images BEFORE binding your pages.) However, I covered my mistake with a Heartstring PML card that I cut to fit and added some cork letters (retired) for texture. I thought it came out even better than my original idea. Love those happy accidents!

Here's one more look at the front of the album:


I hope this has given you some inspiration to create some beautiful things in January. For more inspiration, hop on over and see what the amazingly talented Morgan Vogt has for you at TweetScraps. And for your convenience, here's a list of participants:

Kim @ Violets & Sunshine {That's Me!}
Morgan @ TweetScraps

HAPPY 2015!!

8 comments:

  1. You have certainly inspired me. I love the pop of white with the blue paper and the Kraft. So cute how you wiggled that arrow around. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely mini-album and I love how you used those PML cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! You did such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of using the treat bags!! Awesome album Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This album is just adorable. The use of the PML cards & treat bags is so awesome. Beautiful work Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, Kim, Kim! You always amaze me at what you put together for a mini album!! I have loads of those bags, but I would never have thought of that! Your details are great, and I am thinking that your Valentine is going to love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection from the Hill! Start to finish, from the use of treat bags, to the bent arrow. Thanks for all the great ideas and inspiration! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful mini! I love the cover with all the tiny hearts, and love the inner pages you created from the treat bags. So fun to see some of the images from the journaling cards peeking through the bags.

    ReplyDelete