The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

16 December 2013

A Christmas Mini (part 1)



Hi All! As promised yesterday, we're back to take a look at the inner pages of the Christmas Mini Album. Today we will be looking at the first 2 pages of the album. All of the pages were cut at 10 inches using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge by Close To My Heart. (By the way, you can find these pages on the "o" and "p" keys.) Let's take a look:



The first page is cut from Frosted Grey cardstock (available exclusively in Close To My Heart's Frosted  paper pack). This page is actually a full size page (roughly 10 x 8 inches) with "december" cut on the edge. However, I cut it down to allow the "december" cut to be protected by the covers (which are 2 full size pages). I inked around the page in Saddle Exclusive ink and added a strip of Frosted paper for photos and/or journaling. To make it more interesting (and to bling it up a bit), I popped up a snowflake from the Frosted Stickease assortment and added a light blue sparkle to the middle. A strip of Silver Shimmer Trim and part of a zip strip from Frosted finish the page off nicely.


For the back of the page, I added another zip strip from Frosted and layered two 3 x 4 inch photo folders on top. Each folder is cut at 3 x 8 inches and folded in half. I rounded the corners and inked the edges with Saddle Exclusive ink. And voilĂ , room for 6 pictures on one undercut page. :-)


The second page is full sized and cut from Kraft cardstock. It's the most basic page in the album. To dress it up, I cut an overlay from Frosted paper and adhered it to the base page. I added two 3 x 4 inch photo mats (also from Frosted), and cut this cute little reindeer from tan glitter paper. (Love the glitter paper!) I inked around the edges of the base page and photo mats with Saddle Exclusive ink. Here's a close-up of the reindeer:


Cute, huh?


I kept the back of the page very simple. I like to journal directly onto Kraft cardstock, so I just added a couple of photo mats. "merry & bright" is the title cut for this album, so I left my Cricut at 10 inches and it was perfectly sized. Here's a close-up:


The cute little bird on the "t" is from the Frosted Stickease assortment.

And so there you have the first two pages of the mini. Thanks so much for stopping by! Tune in tomorrow to see more of the album.



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how you designed this mini with the Frosted and glitter paper. So pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... I'm speachless! This is crazy awesome! I love all you pages & how you used all the cuts :) wow!

    ReplyDelete