The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

17 December 2013

A Christmas Mini (part 2)


Hi All! Welcome back to day two of my Christmas Mini pages. If you missed the cover and/or the first couple of pages you can find them here and here. Now on with the show….


The third page is an under cut page with sporting a cut-out "25." I used Kraft cardstock for the page and inked the edges with Saddle Exclusive Ink. I used stickers from the Frosted Stickease assortment and tan glitter paper to decorate the page and to give it more dimension.

Here's a close-up:


The ornament is cut from tan glitter paper using the Artbooking cartridge. I couldn't resist adding a little light blue sparkle to the smallest snowflake. (Is there such a thing as too much bling? I think not!)

To get the most from this page, I decided to add photo mats to the back that could showcase 3x3 photos. The beauty of double-sided paper is that the top photo mat also provides a beautiful background to the "25" on the front. I also used my snowflake punch, Frosted paper, blue sparkles, and Frosted Stickease to add just a little something extra to the page without taking up too much room.


Here's a couple of close-ups of the embellishments:



The fourth page is one of my favorite cuts. I decided not to layer it over a base page (which is how it's presented in the Artbooking handbook) so that you could see the page behind it. Also, because the pattern in the paper is rather busy (though beautiful), I didn't think it needed much embellishing. To that end, I added a little Almond Glitz Glitter Gel to the ornaments, along with a sticker and sparkle and some Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon. I also inked around the edges of the page and the ornaments with Saddle Exclusive Ink to make them pop against the background of the next page.


Here are some close-ups of the ornaments:



Here is the back side of the page. I think this is my favorite pattern in all the Frosted papers (though it's very hard to choose). Again, I kept the embellishing to a minimum in order to let the paper speak for itself.

Okay, so one last page before we go today. The fifth page is a standard base page cut from Frosted Turquoise paper (exclusive to the Frosted paper pack).  To embellish this page, I added a holly spring and berries that were left over from cutting another page (which I will show you tomorrow). The holly is cut from Kraft cardstock to which I added Almond Glitz Glitter Gel for sparkle. I layered that on top of a strip of Frosted pattern paper for an elegant and simple bit of embellishment.


Here is a close-up of the holly:


The back of the page is embellished with ornaments and "Believe" all cut from Artbooking. "Believe" was cut from both Colonial White cardstock and Frosted paper. I layered them to help the word pop off the page. The base of the ornaments are cut from Frosted paper and their embellishments are from tan glitter paper. The top ornament is embellished with the "negative" of the embellishment cut and a blue sparkle.


Here are a couple of close-ups:



I hope you are enjoying a tour of the Christmas mini. We'll finish looking at the last of the pages tomorrow. Until then, have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment