The Marketplace @ Violets & Sunshine

18 December 2013

A Christmas Mini (part 3)

Hi All! Welcome to part 3 of the Christmas mini share. We'll finish up looking at the last pages today. If you missed the previous posts, you can find them here, here, and here.

Page six was cut from Frosted pattern paper. "merry" is cut out of the page, but since it's pattern paper, I wanted to reinforce it a bit. We'll take a look at that when we look at the back of the page. For the photo mats, I added piece of Frosted pattern paper and then used a photo mat from Artbooking as an overlay. I didn't glue the whole thing down so that I could slide 2x2-inch photos in later. The little tag is from the Frosted Stickease assortment. I inked around the edges of everything with Saddle Exclusive ink and added strips of tan glitter paper for sparkle. I also added a little star sticker and blue sparkle to highlight "merry."


Here are some close-ups"



The back of the page is designed to display a 5x7-inch photo. I used a strip of Frosted paper as both contrast on the back page and reinforcement for the "merry on the front. For interest, I used the scalloped border punch on the patterned paper and then inked everything with Saddle Exclusive ink. For the embellishment, I combined a sticker from the Frosted Stickease assortment, a snowflake punched from tan glitter paper and sections of a Frosted zip strip.  The photo mat was cut from Kraft cardstock.


The seventh page was cut from Frosted Grey cardstock (exclusive to the Frosted Paper pack). I cut the page down a bit to make sure that "christmas" was protected by the album covers. I've left this page without embellishment because I haven't decided if it's going to house pictures or Christmas cards. We'll see. But I do love the "word-on-the-edge" pages!


The eighth page is cut from Kraft cardstock. (I used the holly and berries cut-outs on an earlier page.) The holly can really stand on its own as an embellishment, so I just added a zip strip for interest.


Here's a close-up of the holly cut:


For the back of the page, I added a large piece of Frosted patterned paper, which also anchors the holly on the front. (Love the double duty this paper does!) For embellishment, I added strips of tan glitter paper and a strip of Frosted pattern paper, along with snowflakes punched from tan glitter paper. I also inked around the edges of the paper and page with Saddle Exclusive ink.


Here's a close-up of the embellishment:


Finally, let's take a look at the inside back cover. If you've been following this blog, then you know that I love pockets. There's no way I could make a Christmas mini and not add a pocket! This pocket is a mini page from the baby album in Artbooking cut from Frosted paper. I folded it a little differently to make it into a coin-style envelope. I inked around the edges in Saddle Exclusive ink and adhered it to the back cover with very strong adhesive.


Here's a look at it opened:


And there you have it! My 2013 Christmas Mini Album. I hoped you enjoyed it! Be sure to tune in the rest of the week for the upcoming Kraft-y Hearts Blog Share. I'll be featuring some not-to-be-missed simple, last-minute gift/stocking stuffer ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment